Yeah! I wrote it a lot of times today. So by now you should know that CyanogenMod is Dead and Lineage OS took over it but while having the same codebase but with few tweaks.
The Official Lineage OS ROM has just been started rolling out and HTC One M8 has got its official build. Below are the instructions on how to flash with download links.
Install Lineage OS on HTC One M8 Duos
1) You Need to have a Unlocked bootloader and have a custom recovery like TWRP flashed.
2) Take a Complete Backup of your Device. This is the most important step as if you screw up something you'll have a complete backup so you can restore to the previous state. Here is a video on How to Backup your android.
4) Download Gapps for google apps from here.
5) Copy the downloaded files to the internal storage of your HTC One M8.
6) Shut down your Android device and then hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery.
8) Go back to the home page of the TWRP then tap on -->"Install", then navigate to the folder where you have copied the Lineage OS rom and the Gapps file which you downloaded before.
9) Select the -->"Lineage OS rom zip file" and then click on -->"Add More Zip Files", then select the -->"Open Gapps Zip File", then swipe to confirm the flash and wait until it gets completed. Have patience as it may take 5-20 minutes for installation.
11) Now select your Language and configure your device like you would do when you have brought an new Android.
12) While configuring your google account if you are redirected back to the first stage of configuration then disconnect from the wifi and turn of your Mobile data and skip google account configuration for now and you will be good to go!
Download Lineage OS for HTC One M8 :- https://download.lineageos.org/m8d
Download Gapps for HTC One M8 :- http://opengapps.org/
I didn't Install this as I don't have an HTC One M8 device and the Images may be different for you but the procedure will be 99% same below is the video where i install lineage OS on OnePlus 2 its just for reference. if you have any problem watch the video.
We would love here from you about what you think about this in the comments section below. If you want to stay updated with our latest updates you can like our Facebook page or keep an eye on our website also follow us on Twitter @hacksandgeeks