CyanogenMod the king of custom Roms is now dead but the CyanogenMod Team has now launched an new rom named Lineage OS which is exactly the CyanogenMod 14.1 with few minor tweaks.
The Official Lineage OS ROM has just been started rolling out and OnePlus One has got its official build. Below are the instructions on how to flash with download links.
Note: All the download links with the links of supportive articles are at the end
Video: Download and Install Lineage OS on OnePlus 2
Install Lineage OS for Oneplus 2
1) You should have an Custom recovery like TWRP flashed onto your android before attempting this if you don't have that check out this post on 'How To Flash Custom Recovery and root your android"
2) Once you have TWRP or custom recovery flashed take a complete backup of your android so that you'll be able restore to your previous rom without loosing any data if anything happens. Here is an video on how to take a complete backup of your android.
5) Copy the downloaded files to the internal storage of your Oneplus 2.
6) Shut down your Android device and then hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery.
8) Go back to the home page of the TWRP then tap on -->"Install", then navigate to the folder where you have copied the Lineage OS rom and the Gapps file which you downloaded before.
9) Select the -->"Lineage OS rom zip file" and then click on -->"Add More Zip Files", then select the -->"Open Gapps Zip File", then swipe to confirm the flash and wait until it gets completed. Have patience as it may take 5-20 minutes for installation.
11) Now select your Language and configure your device like you would do when you have brought an new Android.
12) While configuring your google account if you are redirected back to the first stage of configuration then disconnect from the wifi and turn of your Mobile data and skip google account configuration for now and you will be good to go!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel here: http://bit.ly/2ixaDZG
Open Gaaps for LineageOS :- http://opengapps.org/
We would love here from you about what you think about this in the comments section below. If you want to stay updated with our latest updates you can like our Facebook page or keep an eye on our website also follow us on Twitter @hacksandgeeks